IRAN WATCH CANADA

Monday, November 28, 2005


Monday Nov. 28,2005
News updates-
Gooya news online reporting from Iran:

Letter from Mr. Masud Bastani the journalist from prison!

The letter :

" It's now 100 days that i'm in " Arak" prison and my only sin is because i worked for media and i was the editor of a weeky publication ( Nedaye Eslahat) . In this prison I am exposed to different type of disease such as hepatitis and Aids and i'm in prison because according to the prosecutor of the city of "Arak " i still support for the freedom of Akbar Ganji, Naser Zarafshan and other political-media prisoners. I have spent 100 days in prison and the effort by my family and lawyer, all the complainant have already withdrawn their complaint against me and therefore there is no reason to keep me in prison................ I have been banned not to use pen and paper and not to write for 5 years.......my only crime is because i critically supported the reform , supported human rights activists and worked for the rights of political and media prisoners ...........I and other 33 prisoners are still in prison ...........


Translated by IRAN WATCH CANADA

Link to this news in Farsi:
http://mag.gooya.com/politics/archives/040142.php

Send Me A Message | | | | Balatarin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home